Monday, April 24, 2006

He will lift up his hand to heaven

Deuteronomy 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
:40
For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.
:41
If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.
:42 I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.


I've wondered how God could lift up his hand to heaven since that's where He resides. Now you can start telling me that's anthropomorphological similitude and what not; but I realized that this is Second Coming, when the Lord Jesus Christ BODILY returns with a vengeance to the earth. This verse will then be literally fulfilled. Ha! Love it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Redeemed said...

Oh, wow, yes, hadn't thought of that.

Yes, Amen, and we will be reigning by his side when this prophesy shall come to pass!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Indeed, I think you are correct.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Consecrated said...

There is something haunting or fascinating when God writes about himself. Just can't get over the verses. Thanks for sharing although it has not been long since I read Deutronomy. Love that book.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Carey said...

It has been a while since I've read the book of Deuteronomy (been consentrating on minor prophets lately). Wow, that is powerful word imagery. I agree with you, Leila, that it is almost haunting when the Lord speaks of Himself. Yet in the same time, it overwhelms me with a great desire to pursue Him. I don't know how to put that sense of awe into words, but it is the most exuberant feeling to stand speechless in the presence of the King.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home